Thursday, May 04, 2006

Fi Fie Fo Fum

I made a super cool binder today with pictures of my siblings' offspring. Unfortunately, one had to be left off, mainly because the printer ran out of color ink and because I don't have any recent pictures. But that's not my fault. So don't say it's my fault, you.

I started school yesterday. Math was going fine for a few minutes until it stopped making sense. I read the book out loud to my room tonight, and I guess it made sense since it didn't really involve any numbers. French is still very exciting. And by exciting I mean only a little irritating.

I scored a bunch of free stuff at work today, including a blue garbage can from Target, a couple of sweaters and a cool dress that doesn't fit me but looks cool anyway. It's pink and Asian-y.

So what is up with ANTM? How many times is Jade going to be in the bottom two and not get cut? I'm ready to protest and do something protest-y. Lost was pretty so-so last night until the last five minutes, but I'm still less intrigued of late. Why aren't there any good shows on? Battlestar won't be new until OCTOBER, Ninja Turtles is only on Saturday mornings (and the season ended three weeks ago). What am I supposed to do with the rest of my time? (Homework, you say? You are silly.)

So, in Harry Potter news, there's not much to report. I was rereading HBP a few weeks ago, and I would like to know the answer to this question: Why did Dumbledore pick that time to make Snape the DADA teacher? He knows the job is jinxed, he knows Snape has a Dark Art-sy past (though I don't think that's the reason why Snape never got it before then. I'm just saying), and blah blah blah. Was it because he couldn't find a new DADA teacher, only a new teacher for a filled position (Slughorn)? I figure it's all part of some master plan cooked up Dumbledore and possibly Snape, but I don't know. Think about it though: if Snape had remained in his position, Harry wouldn't have been in Potions, would have never have gotten that book and, among other things, Book 6 would have been called something else. Here's another question: why was Snape leaving his old school book lying in a cupboard? Did he just forget to move it? Hmm. It does seem reminiscient of another conveniently placed book, namely Riddle's diary. Well. Food for thought, dear readers. Good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment