Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Aye, Avast!

I read this blog the other day that was complaing about Pirates 2 but it seemed pretty weak, the argument, I mean. Sometimes I don't get why some people don't like some movies. I mean, whatever, but still... what's their damage? Why can't they just have fun at a movie that's not War and Peace? Sometimes movies are just...fun. And have sweetbees new characters and...the Kracken! I don't know if I spelled that right. Anyway, some people take movies too seriously. Now I have to address this blog that no one else has even read.

First. Kiera Knightley isn't that bad. I mean, it could be worse. She could be, I don't know, Tara Reid. Or Rosario Dawson. Or Kirsten Dunst outside of Spider-man. I do think she was better in the first one but that's about it.

Second. "Pirate speak" is not hard to understand unless you don't speak English. Dead Man's Chest is not a convoluted story and it's not hard to understand either. Only Tia Dalma's lines require real concentration but only because her accent was so good. And, yes, the dice game was a little "Huh?" but you don't have to understand the subtle nuances of a bluffing game to get the scene.

Third. Yes, Johnny Depp is wonderful and Jack Sparrow is very amusing, the movies wouldn't be the same without him, etc. etc.. But he's not the only character. Will Turner's story was actually more interesting, and Davy Jones was extremely entertaining. And I have a favorite new character. And the Kracken was a character of its own with cool organ music.

Fourth. People who make complaints like "too many carbuncles" should not be seeing any movies involving pirates or any kind of sea life. That is a dumb complaint anyway. It's like saying there are too many horses in The Two Towers. Maybe I shouldn't care about this person's review since their favorite Lost character is Hurley. I'm tired of hearing about Hurley. Just because he's a jolly fat man doesn't mean he's interesting.

So anyway, dumb people aside, I'm supposed to be doing homework tonight but of course I'm not. I'm so tired and I don't even know why since I keep sleeping 8 hours at least. I found an arrowhead at work last week, which is pretty cool. In other news, Scoop is out this weekend or, as I like to call it, Another Hugh Jackman Movie in Which He Will Look Very Good. I still haven't seen Lady in the Water, and I don't hear a lot of good about it but I still want to see it. As long as there are real creatures, it'll be okay.

In other other news, some people at work are dumb and I want to throw things at them. And my French teacher looks like Umbridge, which is unfortunate. Well I guess that's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment