Saturday, January 28, 2012

In Which I am Successful

Remember the magnets I made to improve my running motivation? Well, they were not *entirely* successful, but I did keep using them. It was encouraging to see a board with at least a few magnets on it, but my motivation for running was just MIA until last fall or so. Even so, it has been a good long time since my board looked like this:
5 days of running, 3 times with Pilates and one 5K! I'm hoping this will make up for not doing a lick of anything next week, and I'm also hoping this same motivation will stick around until the week after. It's so much easier to sit at a desk all day when I've been running beforehand.

And just because you asked, here are pictures from the 5K this morning. Drew's Pop came along too and both menfolk placed first in their age group. Drew also won a frisbee of all things. I got um...well, anyway, it was great and fun and very cold.
(Check out those guns!)
(It was so bright I thought my eyeballs would burn up.)
Oh, did I mention that there was a frozen yogurt walking around?

2 comments:

  1. Winter is when I am least motivated to exercise. Kudos to you for sticking with it! And I hope you got some free frozen yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so great! Not only with the 5K, but also all week of running. I was so proud of you with each passing day, though of course I'm always proud of you.

    ReplyDelete