Monday, May 26, 2014

Tie Up Your Pie

Quiet book update!

This first page is one I've been especially excited to make.  I was originally going to do a straight forward weaving page with just two pages of felt, but when I saw this book I knew I wanted to do a pie page.  



I liked how it turned out!  My mom has had this apple fabric for YEARS and I knew it would work perfectly.  I like it when a page turns out AND is cheap!  Win-win.  Baby also wins because he will be a pro at doing a lattice topped pies.  Mmm, flower and apple pie.

I also knew I wanted to do a page for tying bows, for future shoelace practice.  What I didn't want to do was make a page with a shoe on it and grommets and everything for the shoelace.  I can't explain this, I just didn't want to do it.  So I went simple:



Three times the practice, almost no work for me to make.  Now, you might be wondering where the holes are going to go to put this in the actual book.  I wondered this myself--after I finished.  So...we'll see what happens.  

2 comments: