Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weeps: And Wails

A while ago the Mister and I were watching TV and one of those Puffs tissues commercials came on--you know, the animated ones with the kids (for instance). I like those commercials and I said so at the time. I think the kids are funny looking in a way that is charming. D-Rew said there was an earlier short by the same animator that would make me change my tune, but I just snootily said "A nose in need deserves Puffs indeed."

A little while later he found the short online. It's called "The Sandman" and it was actually nominated for an Oscar. Anyway. So we started watching it before the bedtimes, until I got the heebie jeebies. But we finished it the next day and it wasn't too bad, just spooky. Then! A month or so afterwards I had this awful dream about it that I can't even remember but I have been a little bit terrified at the thought of this Sandman ever since.

So, here is the video. Don't watch it if you're easily spooked or if you're going to bed. Or maybe even if you have small children.


5 comments:

  1. These are the things you come across when you are a student of animation. Scarred, I tell you, scarred for life! Though I admit I have no real problem using Puffs in spite of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's enough to scar? The creepiest character, I have to say, is the mom. Holy creepy! Also, the short film that was shown before "Up" with the weird clouds. That gave me an uncomfortableness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I watch it, Control? Will it scare me, or will I love it??? You know my thresholds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, watch it, Comrade! I think you will be pleasantly scared, but don't blame me if you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's enough to scar. Just wait until the Sandman appears in your dreams and takes away your eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete