Friday, April 29, 2011

Shampoo. Rinse. Repeat.

Here is a confession for you, Internet--I am a binger. Of songs! Here's how it happens: now and then I run across a song that I really like. I like it so much that I listen to it over and over and over again, maybe 10 times in a row. I do this for days and maybe weeks until it fades off a bit. And while you might think I never listen to that song again, I haven't seemed to have killed a song so far and I listen to past bingees pretty regularly. In the interest of sharing, here are some of my recent favorites. I've listed the number of plays according to my lil iPod, Athena, but I'm pretty sure they're all quite inaccurate. Add like 20 to each of them and maybe that's pretty close to the real number.

A Promise to Return, from season 2 of Battlestar Galactica:

I love all the BSG music, but this is probably my #1 favorite. Anders!
Plays: 25

Better Than Neil,
from the musical commentary (called "Commentary!") on the Dr. Horrible DVD:

It never fails to amuse me! Also, it's all true. Nathan Fillion is SO much better than Neil. (PS: there's a moment of naked Mal bum in the video)
Plays: 21

Til I Hear You Sing, from Love Never Dies:

Mmhmm. This one never gets old. And it's so much better when you aren't watching the lame video, haha.
Plays: 63. LIE. It's so many, many more than that (I've even listening to it right now).

Secrets, by One Republic:

I just love a good, big angsty song. And bonus for the strings.
Plays: 56

Swallowed in the Sea, by Coldplay:

Of course I've heard this song many, many times before I started Le Binge, but it just suddenly grew on me the other day!
Plays: 13. Hah!

1 comment:

  1. I binged with Swallowed in the Sea for a long time too. Such a great song. And don't worry. I sometimes do this too. I think I listened to Beyonce's "Halo" like a million times one day. We are similar in more ways than I thought!

    ReplyDelete