- He smiles a lot, sometimes at us and sometimes at the wall (there's one wall he REALLY likes).
- He's not quite laughing yet, but he giggles in his sleep daily. When awake he'll smile really big and make a gagging sort of sound so...he's getting close!
- He likes bathtime and will sit in the tub perfectly quiet and wide-eyed. Naked babies are funny.
- He is always pleasant and funny. The only time he really cries is in the night when he's impatiently hungry and I insist on changing his diaper first. O, the insolence of me.
- He is in 0-3 months clothes, but some are already snug lengthwise, though roomy widthwise. I know--a baby that doesn't fit into baby clothes sizing perfectly? Absurd!
The only sort of schedule I try to stick with is his newish bed routine. He goes to bed between 8:30 and 9 and then he gets fed again between 10:30-11 while he's still asleep (the "dream feed" if you want to get mommyspeak about it). This is pretty new and the first few nights he woke up at 2:30 and 5, before starting his day at 7. The last few he's slept until 4 and then got up at 7. Hopefully he sticks more to the 4 o'clock
Anyhoo, he is a very good baby and nearly always happy. And he's ALWAYS cute which means it's picture time!
This picture cracks me up. He looks so tiny and impish. And those jammies don't fit him anymore. *weeps*
He is an expert at planking. (When he is a teenager, please pretend you never saw him in a diaper.)
Matchy matchy! We got these shirts last year and it seemed a shame to not get him one. Rather than buy one for $25, I made him an iron on (like my Care Bears shirt). Sadly, I later dripped chocolate ice cream on it.
We bought him these overalls in, like, February and he fits them now! He wears them often, for obvious reasons.
I love those nighties but sometimes they defeat me.
Look at those hands! So delicate! Oh you, baby.
(Every time I wash that darn Boppy cover it gets spit up on five minutes later.)
Most of his clothes are used/hand me downs, but when I saw this swimsuit (on sale!) at Old Navy I said "YES, THIS."
(He does not care for pool water.)
Happy almost-two-months birthday, baby! I like you. Thanks for liking me!