Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bump It Up

One afternoon, back in my working days, I was driving home and I saw a person on a bike near me.  For some reason, when I saw this on this particular day, my brain went back to the scene in Return of the King when Sam says "Share the load" to Frodo.  And for some even more inexplicable reason, I looked at that biker and said to myself, "Share the road."  Then I started laughing my guts out at the thought of a bumper sticker with that slogan.  I crack myself up.

Well, that was like two and a half years ago, and about a year later I actually sat down and make just such a bumper sticker.  Then my brother suggested one with Frodo and "Get off the road!"  Which is also hilarious!  So I made that one too.  



So, just this past fall (if you're keeping track, this was like two years after my initial idea...I may not be fast but I do things eventually!), I finally ordered them as actual bumper stickers.  I don't know what I'll do with them, but I HAVE them and I feel pretty awesome about that.

1 comment:

  1. As you should, because they are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete