Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Things I Know (Poppy Edition)

Once upon a time, the Speck was still a somewhat unknown entity.  Now it is the Poppy's turn to be mysterious, and except for my one moment of insight, I am as much in the dark about who she is as I was with the Speck.  (Though I will say many of my Speck predictions did turn out because wow, he really loves cheese.)  But here are a few things I have figured out during the past 32 weeks:

--The Poppy moves all around, side to side and up and down, so I know she will be a very well-rounded person.

--The Poppy sometimes sticks her foot out my side so I know she will be into soccer.

--While it's settled down a bit in the last week, the heartburn has been pretty brutal at times, and so I know the Poppy will come out with luxurious hair down to her elbows.

--I know she will like cheese because, at this point, how could she not?  

--I've had more random crying episodes (spilled yogurt, anyone?) this time so I know she will be a bit, shall we say, tender-hearted (the yogurrrrrrrrt!). 

--Symptom-wise, this experience has been so similar to last time that I know she and the Speck will have a lot in common and be buddies forever. 

--I'm pretty sure she is head down now (see also: foot in ribs) so I know she is good at following procedure.  

(What I don't know is how babies can stand to be in that position for more than five minutes.  Doesn't the blood rush to their heads?  Or does that not happen when you're floating?  Mysteries!)

And, for good measure, here are a few things I really hope I know:

--The Speck is such a mellow, amenable little fellow that I know he will adjust well to having a baby move in. 

--The Poppy will take after the Speck and also be a mellow, amenable little thing.

--All of my organizing and planning beforehand will not be in vain and the transition from 1 to 2 will be as smooth as possible.  

I also know that pictures of Boo Boo make any blogpost better.  Here we see him facilitating a little inter-species romance with these kissing animals:


"Mmm-WAH!"

3 comments:

  1. You know, C is an amenable, happy little person who loved babies and watched the Daniel Tiger new baby episode many times and read many new baby books, and by and large she has loved adding a baby to her circle of caring. I feel confident that The Speck will be a wonderous big brother. He has very loving and attentive parents who won't let him feel neglected or displaced. I'm sure he'll adjust beautifully as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Megan! I should really get him some books about new babies, that is a great idea.

      Delete
  2. I know and/or hope I know all of these things too! This year is definitely going to be an adventure, but I'm sure it will all end up going very well, just as (for example) flying with The Speck always has, despite my constant fears about said activity.

    ReplyDelete