Three cheers for my thoughtful Mister who surprised me with tickets. Fast forward to this past weekend, and we headed off to the show itself. I'm not going to give you a play by play because you can probably imagine it (loud, awesome), but here are a few anecdotes in bulleted fashion.
- We pulled into the parking lot where we were stopped by an events man and his 10 year old boy. "Three dollars for parking!" the man said. We didn't have a lick of cash, and we said so. And then the boy says "Just go on through then!" The man agreed and so we went on our way without a fuss. It's too bad for all those folks who happened to have cash, hmm?
- T-shirts were $30. What a rip off
that I wanted nonetheless.
- Marcue was there! And I didn't even know. Alas.
- Gary Lightbody had his long hair, which made me so glad. Also, at one point he was laying on top of the piano which amused me. Oh, Gary Lightbody, you're such a card!
- I was even more glad when they were good live. Phew.
- They played a new song! It made me really want a new cd, but since A Hundred Million Suns came out last fall it'll probably be a while still. Besides the new song, it was a good mix and they played all of my favorites, even the ones from Final Straw. The favorites were probably "Run", "Chasing Cars" and "The Lightning Strike."
Anyway, it was a great night and we were only slightly deafened by the experience. As a reward for reading this post I give you my favorite Snow Patrol video (the original version! It's an important distinction). Kindly note Gary Lightbody's long hair of which I am so fond.
PS: I was going to include more videos but it's so hard to find them where embedding is enabled. So instead I will give you links so you can watch more Snow Patrol. Run from Final Straw, You're All I Have from Eyes Open and Crack the Shutters from A Hundred Million Suns.