(I stole the idea for this post from Drew. Some of my items are in response to things on his list. Just in case you were wondering. I don't know why anyone would be wondering about that.)
1. My favorite color is pink! It wasn't always (it's so girly) but I had two pink-loving roommates in a row. I guess it rubbed off on me. But pink is just so pretty, am I right? Pretty!
2. I finally caved and bought the more expensive Venus razor this past weekend. I'm sad that it's blue and not pink. (EDIT: Just kidding! It really is pink.)
3. My not-so-secret dream job would be to make dioramas for a museum. I get very excited when I see a diorama. I might even flail my arms about.
4. One of my favorite dioramas is at the Bean Museum at BYU. It's at one of the entrances and it's got an iceberg and, I think, a whale.
5. I think of myself as being pretty emotionally lazy as far as negative emotions go. Once I get worked up, I can't maintain it very long because it takes too much effort.
6. One of my favorite belongings is a replica of Sally's Deadly Nightshade jar from Nightmare Before Christmas. My brother got it for me at Disneyland.
7. The smell of corn tortillas makes me gag, but I'm trying to like them.
8. I have always wanted to go to Maine, ever since I read Miss Rumphius in the second grade.
9. Lupins were my favorite flower for a long time, after I read Miss Rumphius in the second grade.
10. I didn't get a cellphone until about a year ago. I still don't feel hugely dependent on it, besides the fact that I store numbers in it, and, you know, it's how I call people.
11. I've never had a boyfriend. Come to think of it, I've never had a second date. Why am I admitting that to the Internet?
12. I love the Oscars, even though what I root for doesn't win often. It's still fun to watch and debate about.
13. I wrote nine missionaries for their whole missions. (No Johns involved)
14. I've spent a lot of time lately trying to decide what I like better: cilantro or basil.
15. I don't like little dry, woody things in my food.
16. I have a rough relationship with oregano (see #15).
17. I still have all my wisdom teeth, but three have fillings and one had a root canal and a filling. Why didn't they just take them out?
18. I didn't realize my wisdom teeth were, in fact, wisdom teeth until about two years ago. I never noticed when they came in and I always assumed everyone had 4 extra molars.
19. I've never broken a bone or had any really big injury.
20. My favorite kind of ice cream is Dreyer's Blue Ribbon Chocolate Cake. Sadly, they haven't made it for about three years.
21. I play a lot of things close to the vest.
22. My shoe size is 10-11. I call them my hobbit feet, but they are not hairy.
23. My music tastes are all over the map, and I'm not sure what they all have in common. I just like what I like.
24. I don't really like listening to "girl music." (Music performed by women) There are exceptions, but I'd rather listen to a guy singing anytime.
25. I don't care for reality tv, except for competition shows on Bravo. I eat those up like candy.
26. I got glasses in fifth grade. They were green, because that was during my green phase.
27. I had a gerbil named Yakko, who turned out to be a girl. She was lovely.
28. I had a mouse named Wakko, but sadly, he/she did not live long.
29. I spent a lot of money collecting Lion King trading cards. I got almost the whole set, besides some of the special ones, and I still have them.
30. I was a complete slob until I was 14 or so.
31. I make my bed every day.
32. I put
33. Sometimes I buy things, like socks, that I don't ever wear because I don't want them to wear out.
34. My jewelry box has Hedwig on it.
35. I am 5'5", making me the shortest person in my family.
36. I am very fond of my hands, hair and feet.
37. I didn't get sick once the last school year but I have had 3 colds this summer.
38. After I saw The Little Mermaid I drew nothing but merpeople for about three years.
39. I like interiors that are beachy (northern beaches). Beaches have a nice aesthetic.
40. My favorite painting is Attachment, by Edwin Henry Landseer. It's probably the first painting I ever saw that blew me away mentally.
41. Some of my absolute favorite artists are Caravaggio, David and Bernini. I love the drama!
42. I have random taste in comedy. I love wit, like Oscar Wilde and Jane Austen. But I also love spoofy or totally absurd comedies like Mystery Men or Dracula: Dead and Loving It.
43. I'm not really into romantic comedies. I would rather watch Die Hard than Sleepless in Seattle.
44. My favorite rom-coms are: While You Were Sleeping, You've Got Mail and Just Like Heaven. I think antagonistic or buddy relationships becoming romantical ones appeal to me more than the "soul mate" idea. I have a lot more thoughts on this but I will save it for another post.
45. I struggle with procrastination.
46. I try to not think about anything I've done before the age of 15-16 because everything before then embarrasses me. Because I was dumb.
47. I've never thought of myself as a sci-fi geek but somehow I wound up loving Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars and I still have a soft spot for Star Trek: the Next Generation.
48. The only pure fantasy books I can read are by Tolkien.
49. When I was younger I used to wake up early on Saturdays and read fairy tales.
50. I loved Disney movies when I was little, but I think I got too good for Disney until a few years ago. Now I love Disney stuff (that love has yet to extend to their live action movies or live action anything).
51. I didn't like Enchanted and I don't understand why other people do, even when they explain it.
52. I didn't go to Disneyland until I was 25, and if it takes another 25 years to go again...well, I just don't know how I'll survive those 25 years.
53. My favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas, followed by The Fifth Element, Edward Scissorhands, Dracula: Dead and Loving It and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
54. I love Lord of the Rings so much that I don't include them on any lists. They are above the lists.
55. I read the first four Harry Potter books twice before I ever even started to really like them.
56. I was a custodian at BYU for four years.
57. I want to work in an art library or a good public library eventually.
58. I drew people out of my head until I was 15 or so. When I was 22 I tried it again and was rubbish at it. I've been trying to improve ever since.
59. I love dressing up in costumes, especially ones that involve corsets.
60. My favorite season is spring, then summer, fall and winter, but I like all of them.
61. I always doodle with a Harry Potter mechanical pencil I bought before my last year at BYU. The design rubbed off long ago, but it's still an HP pencil!
62. I've had my own computer for a long time, and it kind of weirds me out to think of sharing one again.
63. I absolutely, definitely, for certainly must go to England and I absolutely, definitely, for certainly must run about on an English moor.
64. I was scared of thunder in my early years, but I love thunderstorms now, even though they still make me cower a bit.
65. I buy too many DVDs. I know this, but I keep doing it.
66. I took two semesters of Japanese in college, and it was awesome. Sadly, I've forgotten most of it.
67. I have a whole folder of anime music on my computer. I'm listening to it right now.
68. I was big into musicals in my teenage years, which has soured me on them a bit now (see #46). Soured isn't the right word but...yeah.
69. I think Daniel Day-Lewis's character in Last of the Mohicans is the manliest, most attractive man in any movie ever.
70. I love tomatoes and mushrooms. At restaurants, if these ingredients are a prominent element in dish, I will order it.
71. My favorite book is The Silmarillion, but I love a lot of books.
72. I really want pink hair. That has been on my wish list for a long time.
73. I don't play sports, particularly team sports. I especially don't play basketball or baseball, thanks to my fourth grade gym teacher.
74. I played soccer for two seasons or something like that. Sometimes I wish I had kept that up so I could have runner legs now instead of reader legs.
75. I love English literature, especially Dickens, Austen, the Brontes, and Hardy.
76. When I was spotlighted in Relief Society recently, the one thing I wanted everyone to know about me was that I was right about Severus Snape.
77. My favorite HP characters are Harry, Hermione and Lupin. Lockhart was also a favorite for a long time.
78. At BYU, a roommate and I started a "Wall of Men" with all our favorite celebrity guys on it.
79. My favorite celebrity guys (not always based 100% on looks!): Orlando Bloom, Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman, Gary Oldman and Johnny Depp.
80. I am a mix of girly and non-girly elements: I like pink and flowers and kitties and boys. But I also like action movies, comic books and dogs. Also I have never had a manicure, pedicure or massage. And I know I just implied only guys like dogs, which is totally false.
81. I'm not really into old movies or older music. Most things that I like of either type are newer than 1980.
82. I love American history, pre-1800 in particular, but the Civil War is also fascinating.
83. I really like video games, although I'm not good at most of them.
84. I am perfectly content being alone and entertaining myself.
85. I have never left the United States, but I've been to (or driven through) a lot of the states.
86. My insect nemesis is the camel hopper (real name: camel cricket). I have many thrilling tales about them that involve heavy objects and jumping.
87. I don't really consider myself shallow, but I have a hard time with guys with small hands. It weirds me out.
88. My siblings are my best friends and favorite people. (Oh yeah, my parents are okay. No, just kidding, Dad. You're totally cool. You too, Mom! Except you don't read my blog. What's up with that?)
89. I didn't get my ears pierced until a few years ago. I finally did it after seeing Game of Their Lives at the...Jordan Commons, I believe.
90. Sometimes I like to think I'm a grown up. Then I moo at cows on the side of the road.
91. I enjoy following rules and having things just so.
92. I like classical music, and I recognize a lot of it, but I never remember the names.
93. I think I come off as a snob to a lot to people I don't know, but it's just because I'm intimidated by, um, everyone.
94. I hate doing things wrong. I remember crying in kindergarten because I colored two red stripes next to each other on the American flag.
95. I was in the Illustration program at BYU for a year before jumping ship to Art History. That was the only year I called myself an artist, otherwise I call myself a doodler who draws stuff.
96. I've been known to find animated characters attractive. And by animated I mean animated and not human. (Adult Simba, I'm looking at you!)
97. I wish I cooked more.
98. I have crazy dreams! And I have dreams about everybody, which makes me sound like a stalker.
99. I think I'm pretty cool. Does that make me a real snob?
100. One day I would like to go to the Oscars.
Whew! Hey, that wasn't so hard. I guess I know myself pretty well. Anybody still awake?