Monday, April 14, 2014

Bums and Tails

I finished the second page for the quiet book!  The idea for this one came from the book my mom made for us, lo, those many moons ago.  It's a page of animals with their different tails that fix on with velcro.



(As you can see, most of the animals are tailless these days.)  

Anyway, I wanted to replicate that page for my book so I drew out some animals and put it together using felt and sewing on the velcro (a first for me).  My original plan was to do a pom pom for the rabbit tail, but that was before I tried sewing velcro to a pom pom.  Altogether it took a lot longer than my first page, but I think it turned out pretty cute.



I look forward to seeing Babycakes put all the wrong tails on the animals, after he moves on from trying to eat the tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment