Friday, April 18, 2014

Un, Deux, Done

I did my tri!  I can't believe I actually did it. 



It was a lot of fun, both before and the day of.  I think some part of me thought I would cross the finish line and the whole universe would applaud.  But really there was just a handful of people and they were very congratulatory and...then I went home and life went on as usual.  But that doesn't make it any less cool that I did it!

Boo Boo was very excited for things to start.
My favorite spectators!

I don't really know my times.  But here is what I know: my swim was the fastest it has ever been, even though I was one of the last to leave the pool (which I expected).  My bike was the slowest it has ever been and is a bit of a sore spot for me because it took 20+ more minutes that usual and I can't explain why.  My run was pretty standard but solid (no walking!).  I felt good when I finished.

Nope, I never got that bagel back.
Go team!
Overall, I'm glad I did it.  Drewbles was so encouraging during the whole process and Babycakes was obliging as well, happily playing at home with his Pops while I went off to the pool yet again.  I did something I never thought I could or would do and that is really the point, right?  


No comments:

Post a Comment