Sunday, October 24, 2004

Hats and Ponytails

If only it weren't Monday again tomorrow. Monday must be the most dismal day of the week. Fortunately, it's the last week of October--fortunately, not b/c I dislike Oct, because then it will be November and almost Thanksgiving break and then almost Christmas break. Ahhhh. It's so close I can almost kind of taste it. But not really.

Time for the weekend box office. The Grudge won out in a big way with 40 million. Whew! it definitely benefitted from The Ring and, you know, the season. Sounds like Sarah Michelle Gellar is on her way to, like, a movie career. Hopefully she gets a bit of fat on herself in the process. In the sad news of the weekend, Ben Affleck had his worst movie opening, I think, ever with Surviving Christmas at #7, with 4.5 million. This is why 1) Christmas movies don't come out before November 2) ANY non-Halloween holiday movies should never start out against a scary movie. Success is just not possible. So, the Ben Affleck backlash continues. It's too bad, because he's still loads better than J-Flo (even if only by Matt Damon association) and she's doing all right. Pffft on Flo.

I carved a pumpkin tonight! It's totally Halloween time.

I just glanced at a few prelimiary reviews for Alfie and it's not looking good. Any surprise? Mmm.... no. I'll take About a Boy. Did anyone else find the Jude Law/Sky Captain skit on SNL last night fantastically hilarious. "Why would I want to take a bite out of a fireball?"

Speaking of SNL. Wasn't Ashlee Simpson's performance great? Loved that lip synching. Loved that "My band did it ahhhhhh." Pfft on her. What makes it even funnier is her little quip on lip synching from Lucky magazine (or something):
"I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."
Good job, you know, documenting your non-lip synching-ness.

Almost Halloweeeeeen! Wheeee! (And POA comes out in less than a month! Wheeeee!)

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee Simpson is a grit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Old Ben, no one likes him. I even thought the movie looked funny. I don't think he's destined to as big a star as hollywood wants. Too bad for his broken dreams. Serves him right for messing around with JLO's heart.

    ReplyDelete