Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Greetings, Adventurers

While some people spend their time working or trekking through the wilderness I spend my time here, blogging. Because I have no life at the moment.

I watched Mansfield Park yesterday for the first time in approximately twenty years. It was pretty good. I like the style of it, the "direction" of it. I guess that's considered cinematography, but that word sounds so snooty. So, I liked the direction of it. Frances O'Connor has a very pretty nose I decided. And Mr. Crawford resembles Willoughby too much to be a reputable character. (Willoughby being from Sense and Sensibility, which I want to see again)

I have a strange hankering to watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I say strange because I don't like that movie at all. I think the draw is the Alan Rickman factor, since he was basically the best part of that movie.

Life is pretty boring at the moment. I'm rereading Chamber of Secrets. JKR said that the only remaining connection to the Half-Blood Prince in COS is a "discovery" Harry makes. He doesn't see the significance of the discovery, so as I'm reading I'm trying to notice seemingly insignificant information he picks up. There was one bit of information but I can't remember what it is now. I'll keep you posted.

At the airport I saw a guy with the flattest leg hair I've ever seen. He had plenty of it but it was lying completely flat on his legs, like arm hair does. I stared at it for at least 3 seconds.

Do you know, I am beginning to think that Gilderoy Lockhart will be significant again in the end of HP. I mean, maybe he just showed up in #5 to show what happened to him, but...maybe not. We'll see. I do enjoy Lockhart as a character. He brought a lot to the amusement factor.

In other news, my current book recommendation is Sky Dog because it is an awesome book and unfortunately out of print.

No comments:

Post a Comment