Monday, August 16, 2004

Potter for President!

First off, the new character is "McClaggan." I hate being misinformed. Anyway, I still suspect him to be the new DADA professor, but who knows. People keep talking about Lupin coming back which, I think, is ridiculous.

JKR also gave two questions that lead to really important things. One: Why didn't Voldemort die, as opposed to Why did Harry Live? In GOF, he (Voldemort) said he took a few precautions to prevent death so what would those precautions be? That is, apparently, the real question. I have no idea myself.

The second question is: Why didn't Dumbledore kill Voldemort at the end of OOTP? He gave Harry a reason, which I can't remember, but that wasn't the real reason. So, I have a theory. At the end of OOTP Nearly Headless Nick says people become ghosts because they're afraid of death. Voldemort is clearly afraid of death and thinks there is nothing worse. Maybe Dumbledore didn't want a Voldemort ghost wandering about for the rest of time? I don't know why exactly that would be a big deal, but there it is. I don't know what kind of death would void the ghost option, but maybe that's how Voldemort has to die. That's my thoughts on that.

OK, I read the whole transcript and Aunt Petunia is NOT a squib, just a muggle. But she knows more than she seems apparently. Also, Dudley is just Dudley, not the Half Blood Prince, as some silly people have thought.

It was an interesting read, I highly recommend it. I think she definitely said more than anyone understood. The link is here: http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/news_view.cfm?id=80

Apparently Sirius was the only other person at Harry's christening, which makes me wonder where the other Marauders were. Fighting Death Eaters is an obvious answer but maybe there's more to it.

Now for the big news. The Do Not Disturb door on her website opened again, and, after a few tricks, a vault opened and there was a scrap of paper with a snippet of, I assume, #6. Here's what it said:

"He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp."

Popular theories? Godric Gryffindor's description, which, I think is a nice guess with the references to lions. But... the spectacles? I don't think that goes. Other people think it's another werewolf--the one in Mungo's in OOTP, perhaps (when Mr. Weasley was there). I say no. Lupin will be the only werewolf, I think.

My guess? I think it will be the McClaggan guy. The busy eyebrows and wild kind of hair sound Mc-ish to me. And the spectacles sound scholarly, adding to my DADA professor theory.

Well, that's all the Harry Potter news for the day. Keep your eyes on the skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment